The Beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ EACH DAY A NEW BEGINNING ~

The Beach :: Beach :: AA

Go down

~ EACH DAY A NEW BEGINNING ~  Empty ~ EACH DAY A NEW BEGINNING ~

Post  DHF Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:34 pm

~ EACH DAY A NEW BEGINNING ~ (Daily Meditations For Women) ~

The human heart dares not stay away too long from that which hurt it most. There is a return journey to anguish that few of us are released from making.

~ Lillian Smith ~

As the sore tooth draws our tongue, so do rejections, affronts, painful criticisms, both past and present draw our minds. We court self-pity, both loving and hating it. But we can change this pattern. First we must decide we are ready to do so. The program tells us we must become "entirely ready." And then we must ask to have this shortcoming removed.

The desire to dwell on the injustices of our lives becomes habitual. It takes hours of our time. It influences our perceptions of all other experiences. We have to be willing to replace that time-consuming activity with one that's good and healthy.

We must be prepared for all of life to change. Our overriding self-pity has so tarnished our perceptions that we may never have sensed all the good that life daily offers. How often we see the glass as half-empty rather than half-full!

A new set of experiences awaits me today. And I can perceive them unfettered by the memories of the painful past. Self-pity need not cage me, today.

© 1982, 1991 by Hazelden Foundation

DHF
Admin

https://whalestail.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Beach :: Beach :: AA

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum